Training and Education
Liverpool Clinical Laboratories is able to provide a wide range of educational and training experiences for schools, undergraduate students and potential scientific and medical recruits to the professions.
Cellular Pathology Training
Schools and Colleges
- Educational visits are encouraged by schools and colleges providing post-16 education.
- We encourage educational visits by other healthcare professionals.
Undergraduate health care scientists
- Education and training for health care scientists and students studying biomedical science as part of a co-terminus degree.
Other health care scientist career development
- Opportunities for biomedical scientists in the form of specialist portfolios, extended practice and advanced practitioner training.
- Opportunity for further educational attainment in the form of MSc and other higher degrees.
- Non state registered scientific support staff are encouraged to undertake further study.
Undergraduate medical and dental students
- We offer formal lectures, virtual microscopy, clinical discussions and on-site practical and research studies for undergraduate students at the University of Liverpool, mainly those in years 1, 2 and 3 of the medical course, and years 2, 3 and 4 of the dental course.
Postgraduate, professional training for future pathologists
- Year one specialty training in cellular pathology follows national recruitment and Liverpool hosts one of the year 1 specialty training schools. For further information on the training schools programme: http://www.nhshistopathology.net/
- We are the main training laboratory in the Merseyside and Cheshire Deanery (http://www.merseydeanery.nhs.uk/path-home) , providing general training for those in years 2-5 of the training programme, as well as specialty-specific training in our areas of expertise (http://www.liverpoolcl.nhs.uk/cellular-pathology/).